The vast majority of the books I review are ones I own personally or have borrowed from my amazing local library. If I receive a review copy, this will be indicated in the review. Please note that I do not receive any compensation for reviewing gifted copies.
BOOKS GROUPS/GENRES I REVIEW
- young adult literature
- middle grades lit
- urban fantasy
- adult fiction
THINGS TO KNOW
- I always give an honest review, be it negative, positive, or middle-of-the-road.
- I will accept e-galleys or e-copies; however, I vastly prefer physical copies. Reviews of physical copies likely will take priority since I prefer to read them.
- I won't accept a book, e-version or physical, unless I am committed to reading it.
- If you have a preferred 'review by' date, please let me know. I will let you know if I can accommodate you.
- I generally try to avoid 'book hype'. I value my integrity and strive to give as honest a review as possible.
- Please note: at this time, I am not accepting self-published works.
A NOTE ON NEGATIVE REVIEWS
I realize that there has been some controversy in the past over negative reviews. If you ask me to review your or your author's book, I am going to assume that you have read this page and know that I will give a negative review if I did not care for it. I try to be constructive within my own personal reviewing voice, but I do not shy away from stating what I think. Additionally, liking a book does not mean that I won't mention things which I think could be improved upon in my review.
By and large, this is not an issue. I have limited time to read. I typically only choose or accept books I think I will like. However, I occasionally am wrong.
ARCs - WHAT I DO WITH THEM
If you prefer that an ARC is not used for any of the following, please let me know. I will honor your request. Otherwise, I will:
- Keep it
- Pass it to another blogger
- Offer it as a giveaway
- Donate it to a youth librarian friend. Every year, she has a "Make a Blind Date With A Book" event. Actually getting a book of their own to keep is a very big deal for a lot of the middle- and high school students who sign up for this event.
Please know that I NEVER sell ARCs.