Monday, June 16, 2014

Reunited & It Feels So Good!

Well, hello there!  Remember me.  No?  I don't blame you.  It's been a very long time.  So long that I am a tiny bit embarrassed.

Some things have happened.  The first thing is that I simply got into a reading rut.  Nothing really captured my interest anymore.  The second thing is that I became a mom for the first time in spring of 2013!  It's been a wonderful, yet overwhelming, experience.  I've still read for pleasure throughout it all, but mostly books that I've read before or series that I could slip comfortably into at the end of a great, but very tiring day with my son.

But I've missed writing.  And I've missed discussing.  So, here we are.

The posting will be sporadic, but I hope to post at least once a week.  Posts will go up fairly soon after I write them.  And despite what I say in my review policy, I won't be asking or accepting ARCs (e-galleys or hard copies) or review copies any time soon.  I have a LOT of books sitting on my shelf that I need to read before I even think of doing that.  And frankly, trying to 'keep up' with all of that is what burned me out the first time around.  I have to try this out again, find my rhythm and go with it.  My priorities have changed.  So, if I want to blog, how I do it has to change, too.  You'll likely see more back-listed stuff and maybe some books other than YA.  Everything else I'm playing by ear.  As always, I welcome your feedback.

Thanks for sticking around.  I hope you'll continue to do so, and I look forward to talking about the bookish goodness here with you again.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on being a mom!! I don't think I could have had a blog and a baby at the same time!! So looking forward to whenever and whatever you write about!! So glad you're back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm glad to see that you are still blogging. So many from back when I was don't seem to be anymore. I look forward to talking with you, although who knows how often with the baby, haha! I'm at the BabyZilla's mercy (which is a great thing)!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Linds and congrats on being a mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rummanah! Glad you still are here! I feel like so many book bloggers from two years ago are gone!

      Delete