- From the Examiner, "Moira Young Wins U.K.’s Costa Book Award for Children"
- And here is an opinion piece from The Guardian, "Moira Young's Costa win is a victory for dystopias"
- The Morning News announced its shortlist for the 2012 Tournament of Books
Post To Note
- Bloggers should pay attention to the news surrounding this bit of proposed legislation. From Copyblogger, "The Problem with SOPA (And How to Stop It)"
- I REALLY loved reading this! From The Bygone Bureau, "In the Land of the Non-Reader:
Movies & TV
- From Entertainment Weekly's The Shelf Life, "'Harry Potter' director Chris Columbus to write forthcoming fantasy-adventure series -- EXCLUSIVE" and from Variety, "Chris Columbus has 'Secrets'"
- From HuffPost Entertainment, "Movie On-Screen Couples: Rupert Grint, Emma Watson The Biggest Earners"
- From HuffPost Entertainment, "Charlize Theron In 'Snow White & The Huntsman': New Still Shows Evil (PHOTO)"
- From Digital Media Wire, "Alloy Digital Extends Young Adult Reach by Acquiring Generate" and BetaBeat, "Alloy, to Further Dominate Young Adult Market with ‘Next Generation Media’ Factory"
- Really liked this New York Times article on the modern relationship between authors and readers, "Why Authors Tweet"
- From NPR (includes audio), who spoke to Walter Dean Myers, the nation's latest ambassador for young people's literature, about his appointment and what he wants to accomplish, "To Do Well In Life, You Have To 'Read Well'"
- I just really loved this interview from The Economist with the president of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, "Why does art have to be mainstream to be significant?"
- From Entertainment Weekly's The Shelf Life, "See the trailer for 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green -- EXCLUSIVE"
- From The Independent, "As celebrities choose Amazon, is this the end for publishers?"
- From FoxBusiness, "Barnes & Noble Considering Sale of Nook Business"
- From The New York Times, "Barnes & Noble to Offer Nook Discount to Subscribers of 2 Publications"
- From The Millions, "The Soundtrack of Our Books"
- From Salon, "What Occupy can learn from the Hunger Games"
- From Reuters, "Amazon, Indiana strike state sales tax deal"
- Interesting. The happy bookgirl in me dances, but the cynic asks, "What's the catch?" Sorry, I've read Fast Food Nation too many times. From GalleyCat, "McDonald’s to Put 9 Million Books in UK Happy Meals"
- MTV revealed the cover to Rebel Heart, the sequel to Blood Red Road by Moira Young, "Peep The EXCLUSIVE Cover For 'Blood Red Road' Sequel 'Rebel Heart'" Is this our Jack?
THE TRAILER FOR THE NEW KIRSTY EAGAR BOOK RELEASED!!!! AHHHHHH!!
Author Jessica Martinez offers a grand synopsis of her novel, VIRTUOSITY, a story of love and addiction woven into the lives of musically gifted teenagers.