- From The Washington Post: "Russell Hoban, author of ‘Riddley Walker,’ dies at 86"
- From The School Library Journal, "VOYA Cofounder Dorothy Broderick Dies at 82"
- From Romancing the Naked Hero via YA Bookshelf Daily (twitter @YABookShelf): "The Bastard Needs To Go: Or The One Hero Type I Refuse to Review" - BRAVO!
TV & Movie News
- From Variety: "Pic partners wowed by 'Wither'; Prospect Park, Violet House land feature rights to dystopian tale". I'm pretty excited about this. Even though I had some issues with Wither, I think a movie adaptation has major cinematic and creep potential!
- From Screen Rant, "'Ender's Game' Adds Another Young Actor"
- From Entertainment Weekly's The Shelf Life, "See the book trailer for 'Cinder' Marissa Meyer's YA debut -- EXCLUSIVE"
- From Rope of Silicon, "Interview: Jeremy Irvine Discusses His Feature Film Debut inSpielberg's 'War Horse'"
- From The Bookseller, "Nook coming to the UK in 'not too distant future'"
Response to the Amazon Price Check Issue
- From Bloomberg, "EBay Plays ‘Anti-Amazon’ Offering $10 In-Store Discount"
- From The Wall Street Journal, "Groupon Launches Anti-Amazon Promotion of Sorts"
- From NPR, "The Teens Are All Right: 2011's Top 5 YA Novels"
- From The Reporter Herald in Loveland, CO: "Teens talk writing process with author Brenna Yovanoff"
- From Flavorwire via Shelf Awareness: "The 25 Most Beautiful College Libraries in the World"
- From The Guardian: "HM Castor's top 10 dark and haunted heroes and heroines"
- From NPR (with audio): "7 Books With Personality: Nancy Pearl's 2011 Picks"
- Hadn't heard of this book. You? A review from the LA Times, "Not Just for Kids: 'Planesrunner' by Ian McDonald"
- From The Christian Science Monitor, "More books, more choices: why America needs its indies"
- From Scholastic via The Huffington Post, "'Hunger Games': Top 10 Awesome Young Adult Dystopian Novels".
- From the New York Times via Heidi from YA Bibliophile (via her twitter: @hmz1505), "A Children’s Story Series: Will a Game Help Books?"
- From The Guardian, "Fifty things I've learned about the literary life"
- From Flavorwire: "Books, Booze, and Beds: 10 Legendary Haunts of Artists and Writers"
- Epic fail of unspeakable proportions - from the Associated Press via Hindustan Times, "Thousands of rare books burned in Egypt"
And a special thanks to Shelf Awareness for finding and sharing this little jem: