A Good Cause
- Help support the endeavor 'Reading is Fundamental' by buying this 'YA Saves' t-shirt designed by author Maureen Johnson. Johnson is contributing 100% of her profits to the program whose mission is 'to motivate young children to read by working with them, their parents, and community members to make reading a fun and beneficial part of everyday life. RIF's highest priority is reaching underserved children from birth to age 8."
Kindle Fire Issues
- From The New York Times: "As Kindle Fire Faces Critics, Remedies Are Promised"
- And this, too, about a very disgruntled mother of an 11-year old. from The TG Daily: "Kindle Fire draws fire from users"
Amazon Price Checking Issue
- From The Washington Post - ArtsPost: "Could Amazon do this for us? (No.)"
- From The San Jose Mercury News: "Amazon unnerves local merchants with its killer app"
- From paidContent.org: "Stop Freaking Out About Amazon’s Price Check App"
- From Shelf Awareness: "Amazon Price Check Saturday Discussion Heats Up" *most recent article*
- From Entertainment Weekly: "Film rights for 'Daughter of Smoke & Bone' acquired by Universal Pictures -- EXCLUSIVE"
- From Salon: "TV and the novel: A match made in heaven"
- Well, thank God! - from Cinema Blend: "The Hunger Games Nail Polish Is Happening After All". Marketing ploys in direct contradiction to the theme of the books make me sick. What the hell.
- From Jezebel: "Woman’s Bestselling Self-Published Book Will Now Become A Movie"
- From Film School Rejects: "Kat Coiro to Direct Adaptation of ‘Here Lies Bridget’"
- From Publisher's Weekly: "Author Jill Marshall Launches New Zealand Publishing House"
- From The Huffington Post: "Announcing The HuffPost Book Club"
- From LA Times - Jacket Copy: "Poets drop out of T.S. Eliot Prize competition over politics"
- From LA Times - Jacket Copy: "Book recommendations from poets and rock stars at The Millions"
- From The Huffington Post: "David Levithan And Other YA Authors Take Q's From Teens About Writing"
- From TheFABLife: "Young Adult Authors Shouldn’t Take Personally, Says Diablo Cody"
- From Shelf Awareness: "Bookstore Sales Fall 7.1% in October"
- From Penguin/PR Newswire: " Penguin Group (USA) Introduces Holiday eSampler"
- From the Irish Independent: "Christmas treats for young adults"
- From The Chicago Tribune Books section: "Teen reads: Winter"