Sunday, December 4, 2011

In My Mailbox (24)


Hello All!  I know I've been out lately, but please know that I will be retuning to regularly scheduled posts starting the last week of December.  Had a lot of things going on this Fall, and I decided to take a hiatus in order to give priority to them.  Stay tuned - I have reviews coming your way on some awesome Aussie titles, Jenny Downham and more!

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie.

This is a great event where we share all the great books we've picked up to read for the week! Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads!  Here's what I got this week . . .

For Review

 Thumped by Megan McCafferty (thank you, Megan)

Thumped is the sequel to Bumped, which was released in April.  Can't wait to see what happens to Melody and Harmony!

 On a Dark Wing by Jordan Dane (thank you, Harlequin Teen & NetGalley)

Purchased

Signed copy of If I Stay by Gayle Forman

I also was lucky enough to see Gayle Forman in person when she came to speak at the Carnegie Library here in Pittsburgh.  I already own my beloved copies of If I Stay and Where She Went, but I purchased another copy for a future giveaway!

P.S. Her talk?  Informative, beautiful and poignant.  I highly recommend that you go and listen to her speak if you ever get the chance!

16 comments:

  1. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS of Thumped. OMFG. JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS. And green with ENVY.

    Sorry, I get a little capslocky.

    And then the icing on the cake? SIGNED If I Stay.

    I am head over heels envious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you got Thumped. I'm currently reading On a Dark Wing, hope you'll like it!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read Bumped, so need to read that. Been hearing good things about If I stay. Great mailbox. Old follower.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't read Bumped but I didn't realised it's part of a series! Great books! I hope you enjoy them.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to read Bumped too. I've been seeing that On a Dark Wing book around a lot. Might have to check that one out. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're back! Hope you enjoy the books. Didn't read Bumped.
    So glad you got to meet Gayle Forman, I know how you feel about the If I Stay series!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bumped & Thumbed. haha & the covers are also funny, I don't know why.

    Oh I recently read If I stay & liked it, I bet you were very happy to get a signed copy:D

    Racquel @ The Book Barbies
    -thank you&come again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGGG THUMPED!!! Can't wait to hear how it is, I loved Bumped!!! Enjoy!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome IMM! I need to read Bumped and I've heard good things about it. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, a signed copy of If I Stay. o: How awesome!
    And I still need to read Bumped! Enjoy your week!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I Stay is such a emotional book to me. I LOVE the characters and the story is just, too wonderful! I like it a lot! That's good you purchased the book as a giveaway! Yay!! Great mailbox! Thank you for sharing them!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  12. At some point this week I MUST hear a recap of the Gayle Forman talk!!! I'm so happy for you that you got to see her AND get an signed copy...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see you back, Linds. I've missed you! I really enjoyed "Bumped" and I look forward to reading your review of "Thumped".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaah! You met Gayle. I'm so insanely jealous, and of course very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't yet read Bumped, and I think I declared I wasn't going to, but On Dark Wing on the other hand... that's definitely something I'd want to read.

    Have a fabulous reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete