Friday, December 16, 2011

Follow Friday!


Question of the Week: When you've read a book, what do you do with it? (Keep it, give it away, donate it, sell it, swap it..?)


I actually haven't done a 'Follow Friday' in a while, but I thought this question was a really important one!  Despite my blog's name, I am not a book hoarder.  I don't like 'stuff' hanging around my house that isn't being used.  I think it's wasteful.  The books I keep are the ones which are precious to me.  Otherwise, I am a clutter-free kind of girl.  I believe in borrowing and giving to my local library.  It's only 10 minutes away from me, and that way, everyone can enjoy the book, me included!  Like, Alison, I also am reluctant to spend money on a book unless I am certain that I'll like it (I married an accountant - we are big on financial literacy and responsibility at my house).  In fact, most of the books I buy are ones that I've borrowed from my library and fell in love with (ex: Saving Francesca, If I Stay, Revolution, The Piper's Son)!  I just ordered a slew of books from Australia because I loved the copies I borrowed off a dear friend (thanks, Missie)!  Otherwise, all the books I buy are for my giveaway pile.

Happy Friday, and thanks to Alison and PJ for the great meme!

No comments:

Post a Comment