Sunday, August 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (23)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie.

This is a great event where we share all the great books we've picked up to read for the week! Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads!  Here's what I got this week . . .

by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Courtesy of Banned Booked Tours (thanks Jen!)

Willa is lucky: She has a loving blended family that gets along. Not all families are so fortunate. But when a bloody crime takes place hundreds of miles away, it has an explosive effect on Willa’s peaceful life. The estranged father she hardly remembers has murdered his new wife and children, and is headed east toward Willa and her mother.

Under police protection, Willa discovers that her mother has harbored secrets that are threatening to boil over. Has everything Willa believed about herself been a lie? As Willa sets out to untangle the mysteries of her past, she keeps her own secret—one that has the potential to tear her family apart (from GoodReads).

ALSO, I got these three lovelies in the mailbox this week!  Behold. . . . 

 Yes, indeedy, those ARE two brand spanking new copies of Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar and a copy of her other fabulous book, Saltwater Vampires.  You who know how much I adore Raw Blue may also know that I previously purchased copies from Australia to be sent out on tour.  One of these new books is courtesy of a tour participant who wanted to keep her copy.  I am contemplating sending it out on a second U.S. tour or on a U.K. one. 

Or I may just give it away :) 

The other books are for the very-soon-to-be-happening Kirsty Eagar Appreciation Week hosted by myself and the fabulous Nic at Irresistible Reads!  Yes, siree, they are for GIVEAWAYS!

Oh, did I mentioned that they are SIGNED?




HUGE thanks to Kirsty Eagar and Nic for going to the trouble to get theses beauties on U.S. soil!  Stay tuned for details on Kirsty Eagar Appreciation Week!


12 comments:

  1. Ooh, Blood Wounds sounds really good. I love family drama stories (so long as the buried secrets are super juicy!) and this one looks like a winner. I'll be looking forward to reading your review on it.


    Smiles!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blood Wounds sounds fantastic :)

    Arrgh, I so want to read Raw Blue! Every single person I've spoke to about it absolutely adores it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY RAW BLUE!!!! I really need to get a copy of that for myself, I can't even explain how much I loved it:) I'd love to try Saltwater Vampires too, I'm now interested in everything she writes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know how effective you are as a cheerleader for this book? A copy of a totally different book was donated to my library and I felt an intense urge to keep it. Why? Because it had the same cover picture as Raw Blue. :P I love your enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice books! Blood Wounds sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! Aren't Kirsty Eagar and Nic the bee's knees! I love them both.

    Let me know if Blood Wounds is good. I loved Susan Beth Pfeffer's The Lasts Survivors series.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Raw Blue! Let me know if you need anything for Kirsty Eager week (I've been saving my review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do have your copy of Raw Blue and promise to have it read and reviewed by Monday. We have a six hour round trip this weekend to the in-laws so I should be able to get it done! Thanks again for the loaner!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome books! I got Blood Wounds this week and I'm pretty excited to get started on that, I loved Pfeffer's The Last Survivors series :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got just as excited to see several copies of Raw Blue in your mailbox as I do when people get all sorts of fun ARCs. Seriously, I love your personal mission. Let me know if there is anything I can ever do to help out. Also, I reallllly want to win a signed copy so I will be stalking you. You've been warned.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy to have a chance to win Raw Blue. I have been wanting this book forever. Thanks so much for this chance to actually win it.

    ReplyDelete