And then, every month, new books come out with shiny, pretty covers and (sometimes) captivating synopses.
Then, I glance at my nightstand, and I feel so, so guilty. Some of the books there I have bought. Some are ones I received otherwise, and while they remain there unread and unreviewed, they sadly are something else: a waste. Because of me (insert puritanical guilt complex). If books are not being read and discussed, then they merely are decorative dust catches, and that's a crying shame.
So, here's what I'm going to do:
- I will not buy another book until I've gotten through this pile.
- I will not request more than two NetGalley or S&S GalleyGrab books per month until I get through my pile
- When I get through this whole pile, I will reward myself by buying a book series that I've wanted for a while: The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.
- Two exceptions: I am scheduled for a few books tours, so I have to read those as they come in. Also, if I don't get through this list before Maureen Johnson's The Name of the Star comes out, I don't care. I'm getting that one!
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Ada: Legend of a Healer by R.A. McDonald
Noah Barleywater Runs Away by John Boyne
Dreamland Social Club by Tara Altebrando
Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner
Chime by Franny Billingsley
You Against Me by Jenny Downham
Misfit by Jon Skovron
White Cat by Holly Black
Spinning Out by David Stahler Jr.
Across the Universe by Beth Revis
The Pull of Gravity by Gae Polisner
Don't Stop Now by Julie Halpern
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Tighter by Adele Griffin
Torn by Erica O'Rourke
The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach
These are only the 'physical' books, but they've been sitting around for a while, and oh, the NetGally books I have in addition! ***bites nails****
So, how 'bout you?
1) what's the size of your TBR pile; and
2) what are some books you've been 'meaning' to get to, but just haven't managed it yet?