Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (21)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I'm waiting on:


The Name of the Star 
(Shades of London #1)
by Maureen Johnson
Releases 09.29.2011
Pre-order: Hardcover | Kindle

A modern-day thriller about Rory, an American high-school student who enrolls at a London boarding school for her junior year. Soon after her arrival, a series of murders begins to take place across the city—on the exact dates and in the exact style of Jack the Ripper. Rory’s ties to the killer bring her in contact with a secret paranormal branch of the British police, as they attempt to stop the mysterious killer.

  I really can't wait for this one.  I've increasingly gotten into some crime reading lately, and the hubs and I LOVE watching documentaries of Jack the Ripper.  I also adore London (if you ever have the chance to visit, GO GO).  Oh, and I've never read anything by Maureen Johnson, so this will be a great one to start with - can't wait!  Plus, isn't that cover gorgeous?

So, what are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one as well!! And I hope to visit London one day. *sigh* Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I so won this book! I am super excited to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. I can't get into the cover, but I've been wrong about covers before. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick. I really want to read this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/waiting-on-wednesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great pick. I'm also a sucker for Jack the Ripper. This is also one of those books I'd buy for the cover alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one. It's very different from her other books (contemporary YA)! I hope you enjoy it and look forward to reading your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! Boarding school! That's always one of my faves:) And I do love me some Jack the Ripper as well. I probably wait to see how you like this one, though, before I buy it. MJ drove me crazy in 13 Little Blue Envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How awesome does this sound! And I love the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You don't have to wait anymore! I just saw this one is available on Net Galley. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have this one and it is sooooo good! It's way better than the cover!! I've never read Maureen Johnson but I've seen her comments on Twitter and she's got the same sense of humor in this book. I can't tell you how great this book is. I could just gush and gush, but get it! I love Rory and her roommate and the whole boarding school. In London. With Jack the Ripper. And Rory has a crazy Southern family. Need I say more?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome pick! I read it a few weeks ago and it's really good. I love the cover because it is so different but the story is definitely much better than the cover.

    ReplyDelete