Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (19)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I'm waiting on:


 Night Beach
by Kirsty Eagar


Okay, no official synopsis yet, but an alleged release date of Augsut 29, 2011! Ya'll know I'm nuts over Raw Blue, and I'll be reading Saltwater Vampires while I am in St. Martin next week!  We don't know much about this one yet, but don't you just love the haunting look of the cover?  In a January interview I had with Kirsty, she said, "I like telling people it's my sea-gothic novel, but mostly they just look blank in response. It's about art, the ocean, and the supernatural.

I LOVE the cover - it has such emotion in it, like the girl feels trapped or is in despair.  I see the picture, and I hear the word 'gothic', and I immediately think Wuthering Heights.

  So, what are you waiting on?

13 comments:

  1. OH! I am so adding this to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have yet to read any of her books. This one looks just as good as her others. Some day when I have some extra cash, I'll just order all three at once. I love the cover of this one. Gothic makes me think of Jane Eyre. Either way sounds good to me.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you do, Savy! Did you get a chance to read Saltwater Vampires?

    Thanks, Heather! I'll let you know on SV, but Raw Blue is amazing!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHHHHH! I MUST HAVE THIS! I loved Raw Blue so very much, she is now an auto-buy author for me:) Fabulous pick Linds, so glad you brought this one to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Jenny and ME TOO!! Caaaaaaaaaan't waaaaaaait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "...art, the ocean, and the supernatural."

    SOLD. It goes on my MUST GET list, and that cover. Oh my, how gorgeous! Thanks for spotlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i haven't heard of this book before so thanks for featuring it. i agree with you on the cover. can't wait to read the synopsis.

    Check out our WoW.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Kirsty Eager, wish she'd go international. I'm waiting on Wolfsbane, Nightshade #2, to come out in July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hadn't heard of this one before! Love the sound of a "sea-gothic" novel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Please! The Sea-Goth thing sounds so intriguing.

    I need to give SV another try. I started it a while back but just couldn't get into it, but the cover is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to make sure I had this one marked as to read! I do!

    ReplyDelete