Monday, June 13, 2011

Lit News To Note 06.13.2011

Hey Everyone!  I'm back from vacation!  Here's the news from the past couple of days - so, some of it you may have read, but here you go regardless!

Well, it seems I missed some awesome controversy while I was gone, doesn't it?  This #YAsaves debacle lit up my feeds when I finally got access to the internet back.  Here's some choice articles/posts to review (sorry if this is old hat to all of you - brand new to me :):
YALSA recently names the Top 25 contenders for the 2011 Teens' Top Ten.  

Interesting marketing technique from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, via Publishers Weekly: "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do, But Fun to Recall".  Here's an excerpt, "This week, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers launched a similar Web site, with a literary bent: the Why We Broke Up Project. The project is designed to promote a January 2012 release with a 125,000-copy initial print run: Why We Broke Up, a novel giving the backstory to two high schoolers’ break-up, written in epistolary form by Daniel Handler (of Lemony Snicket fame), and illustrated by Maira Kalman."

From the Collider: "Evan Daugherty to Adapt Young Adult Novel DIVERGENT for Summit".

Ann Brashares penned an adult novel about her four favorite girls (releases tomorrow) - here's a nice little interview from USAToday: "Five questions for 'Sisterhood' author Ann Brashares".


From CinemaBlend: "First Look At Emma Watson On The Perks Of Being A Wallflower Set". 

5 comments:

  1. I missed most of the YASaves debacle as well... thanks for posting this now I can go back and check out the highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I came back and was so PO'd I missed it! Sounded like quite the episode.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS POST! I followed the YA Saves but there was so much that popped up that I missed some of these articles. Thanks so much Linds.

    Also, I'm a bit surprised with some of the the Top 25 contenders for YALSA Top Ten. I haven't read all of them, but there are a few that I don't think should be there. Gawd, I'm a picky *itch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got back from reading the Alan Jacobs article and comments. WOW! I love getting perspective from different angles. Clearly not all is black or white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I was way surprised about the Top 25 thing, too - I was a bit, "Um, yeah, not so much." Oh well, different strokes and all that good stuff.

    The Alan Jacobs article? Tell me about it! Def added some much needed, "Let's calm down here," perspective.

    Glad to be of service :)

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete