Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Lit News To Note 05.31.2011

From the School Library Journal: "BEA 2011: Scieszka, Willems, Hopkins Try to Stomp Out Bullying in New Book"

Publishers Weekly has a ton of coverage on what happened the Children's side of things at BEA - check it out here; but what really caught my eye was this article: "BEA 2011: YA Buzz Panel Rocks Javits"

From The Atlantic: "From 'Harry Potter' to 'Twilight,' the Enduring Draw of Young Adult Fiction".


I REALLY enjoyed reading this great blog piece from independent Aussie author Benjamin Grant Mitchell (The Last Great Day).  He recently attended the  Emerging Writers’ Festival in Melbourne, and the never-ending question of "What is YA" was discussed - read his post: "On the couch with young adults".  Also, very informative post from My Girl Friday about the festival itself: "EWF 2011 - Getting into Genre: YA".

Check out the Shelf Awareness article form the Book Bloggers Convention on blogging today, and how some of the most prominent bloggers approach the practice.

Muhahahaha!  Got this one from MTV: "The Next 5 Annoyingly Huge Young-Adult Novels Coming To A Theater Near You".


From Celebritology: "Jennifer Lawrence talks ‘X-Men,’ fame and ‘Hunger Games’"
  • Oh, and I was at the movies on Saturday and saw the newest trailer for the upcoming X-Men: First Class flick.  All I have to say is: mutants + historical context = extreme sexiness.  Check. It. Out



6 comments:

  1. How does Miley Cyrus keep getting movie roles?

    *sighs* I need to stop being a hater, but noooo

    Thanks for the links. Off to check out those YA posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right? I'm still kindasorta wondering how she landed the singing gigs, but hey that's just me - poTAYto, POEtato.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I had no idea all of those books were being made into movies! I can't wait for the Hunger Games, and now I'm really looking forward to Warm Bodies, I've read such good reviews of that book:) It's kind of fun to see all these books I'm familiar with be made into movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer Lawrence seems to be perfect for the role of Katniss.
    I can't wait for the X-Men movie - it has James McAvoy in it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Girl Friday's post about the EW Festival. Wish I could have went.

    ReplyDelete