Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (16)



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I'm waiting on:

Releases on 05.03.2011

Synopsis from Veronica Roth's blog:

In Beatrice Prior’s dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can’t have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris, and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together, they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes-fascinating, sometimes-exasperating boy fits into the life she’s chosen. But Tris also has a secret: one she’s kept hidden from everyone, because she’s been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly-perfect society, she also learns that her secret might be what helps her save those she loves . . . or it might be what destroys her.

I cannot wait for this one!  I've heard nothing but good things about it!  Sigh, May is only two months away, right?

So, what are you waiting on?

14 comments:

  1. I've heard AMAZING things about this one as well! I cannot wait to read it! I love the Chicago setting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So freaking excited that I got it in the mail!!!! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super jealous of everything who keeps getting this one lately! And I love dystopian books so I can't wait to read this! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @YABib -OMG, I knoooooow! I saw that Jen @ Makeshift Bookmark got one, and I was def seven shades of (friendly) jealous- can't wait to see what she thinks!

    @Savy - Okay, hon, I know officially hate you, instead of the other way around ;)

    @Jacinda - Tell me about it, I am chomping at the bit for this one!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard great review about this one. I'll def. have to check it out. Great pick. I'm excited for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Pick- Im looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Dystopian and I love this cover so much. This book promises to be fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have seen SO many people reading this book lately. I can't wait to read it!

    Happy Wednesday!
    http://readerbee.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-gathering.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get my hands on this book as well...great pick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes yes yes! This one looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I CANT WAIT FOR THIS EITHER! Haha. Old follower stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, now I really want to read this too! Can't wait for May now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to put this one on my list. Thanks for letting me know it's out there. I am going to be a very busy reader.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have got to get my hands on a copy of this STAT. Dystopia AND Chicago - count me in!!

    ReplyDelete