Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Piper's Son

 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: 

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

I'm finishing up reading an ARC of The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta, which releases TODAY!  I'll have a review up later today or first thing tomorrow, so be sure to check back (P.S. I've cried twice already)!  This is from a scene very early on in the book and is included in the Australian version's synopsis, so no spoiler worries!



"This is shame, she wants to shout at him.  Not getting pregnant, but getting pregnant by you.  You don't forgive a child coming out of that relationship."


9 comments:

  1. Sooooo excited for this one. I have been waiting for ages for it to be released here. My copy should be on it's way to me right now.
    Kind of worried about the crying now though!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/teaser-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a sad (but good) teaser.

    Here is mine:
    http://emmagayle.blogspot.com/2011/03/tuesday-teaserteaser-tuesday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh sounds intense! I, sadly, am a Marchetta virgin which I know is a complete and utter travesty. Must fix it! Can't wait for your full, glorious review of this one Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser!It makes me wish to look out for this novel!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: The Noah's Ark Quest by Boyd Morrison post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, powerful teaser! I need to check this book out and see what is going on... the sign of a great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sally - be prepared, I think you will!

    @Gia - it is sad, but it's a beautiful kind of sad.

    @Jenny - Oh, we need to remedy that, stat! Saving Francesca -get it!

    @Guatami - I think you should - it actually feels way more 'adult' than YA

    @Tara - I picked the quote with care ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reread bits of this story every day. I can't get over the story. One day I hope to own the Australian cover edition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by Melina! I do have Jelicoe Road on my shelf though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I’m a new follower from Edge of Escape . This teaser is intriguing. Please stop by, I’d love to have your book-savvy opinion of my site.

    ReplyDelete