Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!


The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  

This week's question:

 "If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"

OMG, fantastic question!  Um, I would have to say the NIGHT HUNTRESS series by Jeaniene Frost.  I'd looooooove to be a kick-ass chick amongst all those hottie vamps!  And Vlad and I could FINALLY meet!  Ahhh, chills!



 
Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question:


"Inspired by the inane twitter trend of #100factsaboutme, give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you."  

I don't know if mine are silly, but here they are:

1) My husband is not allowed to look through my books, especially not my paranormal or PNR ones.  If he does, inevitable snickering ensues, and I take it, ahem, a little personally.  He had a field day with Love In the Time of Dragons by Katie MacAlister.


2) I was a struggling reader when I was little.  I sobbed during a kindergarten test because I couldn't figure out the connection between 'bat', 'hat', 'at'.  Then something clicked in third grade and I became one of the top readers in the class.  


3) My TBR list from NetGalley is getting a little out of control.  And I don't have the time to read most of them before their release.  Which is the whole point **smacks forehead**.


4) I had an obsession with the name Karen from the Baby-Sitter-Little Sister series by Ann. M. Martin when I was little.  I thought Karen was the be-all and end-all, and anytime I played make-believe, I or my doll was named Karen.


5) Besides being a huge supporter of literacy and reading education in general, I am a HUGE supporter of financial literacy.  My philosophy is simple: if you don't own your finances, they own you.  I think this is especially important for women.  Did you know that 80% of men die married, while 80% of women die single. 75% of women living in poverty today were not poor before they were widowed.  If you want to bone up your own personal financial literacy, please check out On My Own Two Feet: a modern girl’s guide to personal finance by Manisha Thakor and Sharon Kedar.  It takes you from the basics of saving and understanding credit to investing, and it's super easy to read!

17 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Linds! My husband is also not allowed to go through my PNR books because I take his laughing a bit personally as well. He found "How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf" particularly amusing. I told him to shove it:) Also, don't feel bad about your NetGalley list, mine is also ridiculous and I keep waiting for the Kindle button to come back so I can actually read them, but so far that's hasn't happened! Hope you have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't specifically forbidden my husband from looking at my books, but thankfully he doesn't take much of an interest -- I'm sure he'd not understand why I read what I do ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, I love the fact about your husband not being allowed to go through your books. Mine doesn't even bother with them, *sigh*.. I am in shock about those stats, wow... and pretty scary. =/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gawd, I'm glad I'm not the only one with a huge netgalley pile! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm pretty much paralyzed by the idea of investing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband makes fun of me ALL the time for some of the books I read...sometimes he just calls them the "sex books."

    ReplyDelete
  7. #5 is so important and I think it's great that you support it and brought it to everyone's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! I'm terrible at saving. I just don't think about the future stuff much. :(

    Facts about you are just plain fascinating. I have a little sister named Karen, and she hates her name because she thinks it is so plain. I'm gonna have to share your story with her. :)

    P.s. I'd put myself in NH too, probably as Annette, the one who gets to be with them all. *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Night Huntress has been on my TBR list FOREVER! I need to get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd go into the series just to here Bones call me Kitten *swoon* Just hopping through and you can find my answer at The Bookish Snob Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your obsession with Karen from the Babysitters Club.

    I actually chose that series as the series I would want to be a part of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. I used to like Karen a lot too. I was more of a BSC girl, but I loved the book when Karen went on a plane by herself and her perspectives from the BSC super specials.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny. Wish my husband would read my books, too.

    Here's my post for this hop. Hope you will stop by. I always follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely sound excited about your book....that is awesome.

    Hope you have a fun hop.

    My answer has three choices...stop by if you like.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha! I have the same problem with Netgalley!!! I'm your newest follower! Please stop by and follow me back! Happy reading!

    www.whereismymind-joyous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting facts about the percentage of men who die married and women single. Sounds like a great book, thanks for sharing.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete