Friday, March 18, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!


The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  

This week's question:

"Do you read only one book at a time, or do you have several going at once?"

I used to be a GRAND MASTER at reading three-to-four books at a time.  My bedside table would always have a couple nonfiction and fiction mixed in together.  Theeeeeeeen, I started blogging and had to get a wee bit more organized and concentrate a bit more for my detailed reviews.  So, now I am a one-book-at-a-time girl.  For the most.  I usually have a smutty romance on hand if I need a break at then of the day to indulge in some funfunfun reading :)



 
Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question:


"How did you come up with the name of your blog?"


When I was in sixth grade, I had a pen pal that I got through American Girl magazine (true story).  Anywho, we were a both zany and rather verbose for 11-year olds and wrote for many years (we stopped but are friends on Facebook).  In one letter, she wrote about her new favorite word: brouhaha.  She defined it for me and even used it in a sentence, and I never forgot.  I also still have the letter.  Fast forward more years than I care to admit (whatevs, we still look young), and I needed a name for my blog.  I am a bibliophile, I love alliteration, and voila!  I had a name for the my blog!  Who knew my obsession over my Samantha doll would come to such an end?

ALSO: Please be sure to check out my This or That post with Chasing AllieCat author Rebecca Fjelland Davis!  For every great comment you leave, she is going to donate to a WONDERFUL charity!  Check it out and help get some bikes to girls in rural India so they have a better chance of getting an education!

9 comments:

  1. Hopping by!

    I love the story about your blog name! I love that word too. lol!

    Happy Friday!
    My Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the best blog name story. And.. love the smutty romance comment. Nothing better for "taking a break!" lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brouhaha is such a cool word and I love alliteration too! Your blog name is original.
    It's awesome how Facebook can connect people. I love it! Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not everyone can multi-task and nobody should. When it comes to book sure, I can't read four books simultaneously (or even two, for that matter!) but there are times I'll juggle as many as four books at a time depending on the subject matter, the urgency or more often both.

    The real trick to this is what KINDS of books to juggle. Hop on over to my blog and learn the method behind my madness - http://www.howardshermannet
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through. Love your blog name!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that you were an American Girl pen pal. That just cracked me up!

    Just found you through the Blog Hop- Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't help but to have half a million books going at once! Too many good books to read. :O

    Have a great weekend!
    Lucia
    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I loved American Girl magazine!!! I started getting it in 1992 when I was 11 and actually got it until I graduated high school. I never had a doll though.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, found you via the Hop and love your blog. I'm your newest follower - number 444! (Yikes, that a bunch of followers.)

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Janna
    Primo Reads

    ReplyDelete