Friday, March 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!


The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  

This week's question:

If I gave you £50 (or $80) and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?

Oh boy!  Well, I'd probably FINALLY get The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, a beautifully illustrated copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  I'd probably also get a copy of Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan.  If I was a really smart shopper and had either a coupon or went to Half-Priced Books, I'd also get Uglies and the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld.



 
Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question:


"Who are You the Boy/Girl, instead of You the Blogger?"


Well, I read a lot (duh).  I'm a newlywed.  I work in higher education, which I really, really like.  My husband and I love all things old-fashioned, from Mad Men to the Sherlock Holmes series starring Jeremy Brett.  Our dream is to live in a beautiful old Victorian.  We like to go out to our favorite restaurants and to the symphony.  I also adore the theater, which I can occasionally talk him into :)  I like hiking, love traveling, but love returning home even more.  When I get stressed, I will occasionally write.  I really love having old-school girl nights with a great friend, good movie, and so-so wine!  There are only so many hours in a day, but that's the basic rundown!

15 comments:

  1. Hi
    Just hopping by and following through!
    Nice to *meet* you!

    Shelleyrae @ book'd Out
    www.bookdout.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Linds! I hope you do finally give the Mortal Instruments a try, they're kind of addicting:) I adore the theater as well, and I can only talk Kevin into it occasionally as well. He did go with me to see Wicked and really liked that one (which I was surprised given it's a musical), so now maybe he'll be more willing to go:) I doubt it, but I'm holding out hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hopping by. Great picks, and I agree about Half-Price books. I'd much rather spend $80 there and get a ton of books.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also love a nice copy of Alice. Half-Priced books has been the location of many date nights for me and my wife!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished City of Glass and Leviathan yesterday. So, so good. I think TMI gets better with each new book.

    I'm jealous you get to work in higher ed! That would be so cool. And I'm so with you on the good movies, good friends, okay wine deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great question this week. I always peek at other people's book piles at the checkout link at B&N. That doesn't make me a voyeur, does it?

    The exhibitionist in me has posted my own bookstore shopping list -- and it's not as predictable as you may think!

    Hop on over to my blog for all the suspense and chills of my TBR list - http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya! Old follower stopping by for the Friday Follow blog hops; nice choice with Alice in Wonderland -- that would be sweet!

    Have a great weekend!
    Darkeva

    ReplyDelete
  8. friday blog hopping and hopped on your blog. new follower. love that background image and your button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping through. Congrats on being a newlywed!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Hopping by via the book hop. Congratulations on being newlyweds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there I'm already your follower all over the place is Goodreads twitter etc. But I like the idea of hopping by to say Hi! I am a hardcore fan of Cassandra Clare... What are you waiting for? ;)
    Laura at
    Www.laurahoward78.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good list of books and suggestion on how to save even more money and get more books....this question definitely adds to toppling TBR stacks.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer, my reviews and Scotland photos.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, just hopping through. I'm a new follower :)
    http://paranormalopinion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Catching up on the hop! Wanted to stop by and say hello. The Uglies series is awesome. I love Mad Men, too. I've actually started watching it. I'm caught up to season 2. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Newest follower here via the Friday hop. I am a new contemporary romance writer and a reader of almost anything! Hope you stop by and check out my blog.

    http://writerekelly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete