Sunday, February 27, 2011

In My Mailbox (15)



In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie

This is a great event where we share all the great books we've picked up to read for the week!  Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads! 

Here's what I got this week:

Wow, first off, whooping HUGE thanks to Pam @ Midnyte Reader, who recently held a giveaway for signed copies of Matched, Nightshade, Across the Universe, The Eternal Ones and The Replacement.  Pam was awesome and picked up the copies when she went to a stop on the authors' Breathless Reads tour.  Her post on the event is great, and I highly encourage you to check it out!

Through Pam's giveaway, I won copies of Matched by Ally Condie and Nightshade by Andrea Cremer.  I have reviewed both through library copies I borrowed, but liked them so much that I was thrilled to win the copies - thanks so much, Pam!  I am so looking forward to both their sequels and will be rereading these now!

 From the library:

by Cynthia Hand

Ohhh, baby, I've seen excellent reviews on this one, so I am looking forward to reading it for myself!







For Review:

by Kirsten Hubbard

Can't wait to read this one!  Be sure to stop by tomorrow for my vlog interview with Kirsten!
by Melina Marchetta
Technically, I got the US version, but I am in love with the Aussie cover, so that's the one I'm posting.

by Cristina Garcia

I read Dreaming in Cuban by Garcia in college, and LOVED it.  Can't wait to sink my mind into this one!  Here's the synopsis from GoodReads:

Brought together each summer at a boarding school in Switzerland, three girls learn a lot more than just French and European culture. Shirin, an Iranian princess; Ingrid, a German-Canadian eccentric; and Vivien, a Cuban-Jewish New Yorker culinary phenom, are thrown into each other's lives when they become roommates. This is a story of 3 paths slowly beginning to cross and merge as they spend the year apart, but the summers together. Through navigating the social-cultural shoals of the school, developing their adolescence, and learning the confusing and conflicting legacies of their families' past, Shirin, Ingrid, and Vivien form an unbreakable bond.

Like The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, this story takes readers on a journey into the lives of very different girls and the bonds that keep them friends.

That's it from me this week.  What did you get in your mailbox?

12 comments:

  1. Can not wait for your thoughts on all of these, esp. DoSG and LM and The Piper's Son! I love that Aussie cover!!!

    And an interview Vlog. So cool! Lots to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for The Piper's Son! I am doing a happy dance because you are reading it. One of my all time favourites. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duuuuddddeee! Unearthly is fantastic! And I always loved signed books! Great books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a great bunch of books. I liked Matched, Unearthly and Nightshade too. Happy reading!

    My mailboxes are here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Missie - I AM SO EXCITED to read all three of those! Can't wait!

    @ Nic - I am going to read Saving Francesca first - I have a lot to squeeze in this week :)

    @ Jacinda - Duuuuuuude, good to hear - I hope so! The last angel book I picked up was ehhhhh - we need some redemption here!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh I love Unearthly! I can't wait to read your thoughts on it Linds, I hope you enjoy it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!
    Congrats on winning the giveaway, must have made you so happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent books! I prefer the Aussie cover for The Piper's Son too. And I really want to read Like Mandarin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read Unearthly yet either but everyone seems to love it! I just have to get around to finding the time to read it.

    Congrats on your wins. I loved Nightshade too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Mailbox Week! AHH I want Nightshade! lol I cannot wait to hear what you think! Happy Reading :)

    MY IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah, this mailbox is filled with awesome!

    My next review comparison will be about Unearthly (hint, hint, wink, wink) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, awesome winnings! Can't wait to see what you think of Unearthly.

    ReplyDelete