Friday, February 11, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!


The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  

This week's question:

"Tell us about one of your posts from this week and give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise)!"


Hmm. Well, I always do a Thursday Lit News Roundup, but that's something my readers can depend upon seeing each week - check it out if you've never had the chance before.  That being said, I am fond of my latest review, which was for Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers. Courtney must have liked it, too, since she tweeted it :)


 
Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question: 

"What is your favorite romance hero-type? Stereotype wise. Do you like the strong silent type or the brute macho man?"

 I guess it depends on what genre I'm reading, or how the male character fits into the story.  I am not much one for brute, macho men - they get old very quickly.  I always am fond of strong, principled male leads, particularly in YA; however, I can't get enough of my alpha males in UF and paranormal romance!  Sigh, I know - so cliched, but I suppose that's why they sell!  P.S. One of my favorite leading, stubborn, but principled males has a new book coming out soon, along with his wife, one of the best female leads!  If you've never had a chance to read about Bones and Cat in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series, do yourself a favor and check them out!  Book #5, This Side of the Grave, will release on 02.22.2011!

14 comments:

  1. Isn't it awesome when authors love the reviews you've written, or at least acknowledge them? Well done on that!

    Happy Friday, Linds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Melissa, it is awesome when authors appreciate your review and show that! Well done Linds =)
    I love the Thursday round up!
    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Hop and the Follow! New follower! Happy Reading!,

    ~Zakiya LadyWings - My BBH&FF are here

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the alpha males in UF and PNR! The more alpha the better, but I like the ones like Bones who are super alpha but still very sweet and loving. So close to February 22nd! Happy Friday Linds:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool that an author tweeted your review!!! =)

    -Katie @ shereallyisafunnygirlthatkate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have links to all my recent posts in the right column. Come see what they are. Happy Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just hopping by. Great review. Very exciting that the author liked it as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!

    This is my first time here today! What a great blog...looking forward to checking things out

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Post Is:

    This week I reviewed a work of suspense fiction that is such a wide departure from the thriller genre that I feel everyone – fans and foes of the genre alike – really should investigate.

    Hop on over to my blog and see for yourself – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go you for getting your review recognized and tweeted by the author!!

    I love the alpha males too :) I think I may have to check out some urban fantasy. Usually it's not my thing (too "real life" and adult fic), but I keep hearing about these awesome alpha men in those books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm your newest follower through FF.

    I found it funny that you used one of the same words I did to describe what you don't like - brute. I don't like that either!

    Great blog!

    http://www.cookiesbooksbikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got an e-mail from an author whose book I reviewed this week, and it made my day! That is awesome when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi!! Hopping by to say hello! I'm a new follower!Bonnnnnnes!! I love me some Bones! He's probably my perfect man. *sigh*

    Hope you get a chance to come by Gone with the Words!!!

    ReplyDelete