Thursday, January 13, 2011

Wedding vs. Work vs. Blog

Hi Everyone!  So, some of you may be wondering, "It's Thursday!  Where's the News Roundup?"  Here's what's going on: I put a lot of time into the news roundup - reading over headlines, reading the actual articles, looking through every blog I follow, picking out great reviews that I wouldn't want you to miss, formatting them all and linking them up in a post, etc.  And really, I am a news junkie, so I enjoy doing this.  But seriously, if I were to add the time up, it takes hours and hours every week to compile.
 
Right now, I don't have that kind of time.  I have a big life event coming up quickly.  I am walking down the aisle and getting married on January 22.  I was hoping/wishing/praying that I could keep up with everything, and driving myself nuts to do so.  And truth be told, after working my regular 9 -5, coming home, doing all the wedding stuff that needs to be done in the week and a half before weddings, and then organizing my things and packing to move into my new home. . .  well, as book lovers yourselves, I am sure you can understand why I just want to take comfort in reading a good book to relax, and not necessarily write about it afterwards.
 
So, I have decided to just give myself a break and take in the moments I can to relax and enjoy the process leading up to the Big Day rather than feeling guilty about not keeping up with everything.  I figure if the college bloggers can do that over finals, surely I can for my wedding?  I may post here and there until then when I find a little extra time, but until the week of January 23rd, my postings will be touch and go (if anyone is interested in guest posting, just let me know - I certainly appreciate the help).  I also will be on Twitter(@bibliobrouhaha) and Gchat here and there, as well. 
 
Upon returning, I will be back just as I was with reviews, the roundup, the memes that I participate in, a great interview with an author of a highly anticipated upcoming book. . .  I am looking forward to getting back to normalcy, but until then, I have to make room somewhere for the things I have to do right now, so I hope you guys understand.  I really love blogging.  I love the community here, but if I don't give myself a break somewhere, I am going to go nuts.  And then I'll miss the moment.  And I definitely don't want to look back thinking I missed something leading up to my wedding.
 
Thanks for your patience - can't wait to be back in full force!
 
xoxo,
Linds

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Will you post pics? And good luck with all the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A break is certainly understandable! Many congrats to you on your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'm taking a minibreak myself and need time to catch up on my reading. I hope the wedding planning goes smoothly and that you have a wonderful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Everyone! I will certainly share pics, although maybe I'll send you a link, Savy, via Twitter :)

    Thanks so much for understanding and the well wishes!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh! How exciting Linds!
    I hope to hear about your day in a few weeks and l hope all goes as planned. I know planning a wedding can be stressful (as far as l know!) so l hope your day is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You definitely shouldn't feel guilty about taking a break! I'm sure planning a wedding is just as stressful as finals are for college bloggers. Enjoy your break and hope you have a wonderful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Try not to stress too much. I know that it can seem crazy. Several times I wanted to pull my hair out when I was getting married but in the end it was so worth it. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. As much as I enjoy reading your posts, you definitely need to concentrate on this happy event. Congratulations!!! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on being in "final-countdown mode"! One week is going to fly by before you know it....

    Linds taking time off maybe should have happened sooner than a week before the wedding, but than again maybe the blogging helped take your mind off some of the pre-wedding nerves!

    Have a great wedding and when you do get to blog again we want some pictures showing your smiling happy "Bride face"...

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  11. If one is lucky, they only get married once. So yeah, you have to take the time to enjoy it for all it's worth.

    Congrats Linds. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again, all of you! I am so excited to marry my guy and looking forward to a lifetime of memories with him, but yeah, planning a wedding can be a bit overwhelming, and I do not throw parties or am a planner by nature. Blogging did indeed provide a nice relaxing buffer there for a while, but now it's crunch time and it's all too much. Thanks so much for your support and best wishes! You guys are awesome!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats...and yes...Enjoy the Moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YAY LINDS I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!! I certainly couldn't blog and plan a wedding at the same time, especially when it's so close! I hope you have the most spectacular day, I can't wait to hear all about it! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wahoo! Congratulations and felicitations on your nuptials! I hope it's wonderful and beautiful and everything you've been hoping for...and then some!

    ReplyDelete