Sunday, January 9, 2011

In My Mailbox (12)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie

This is a great event where we share all the great books we've picked up to read for the week!  Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads! 

Here's what I got this week:

From the Library:

by Daisy Whitney

Synopsis

Some schools have honor codes.
Others have handbooks.
Themis Academy has the Mockingbirds.

Themis Academy is a quiet boarding school with an exceptional student body that the administration trusts to always behave the honorable way--the Themis Way. So when Alex is date raped during her junior year, she has two options: stay silent and hope someone helps her, or enlist the Mockingbirds--a secret society of students dedicated to righting the wrongs of their fellow peers.

In this honest, page-turning account of a teen girl's struggle to stand up for herself, debut author Daisy Whitney reminds readers that if you love something or someone--especially yourself--you fight for it.

From NetGalleys:

Delirium
by Lauren Oliver

Synopsis

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love - the deliria - blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.

5 comments:

  1. Great books this week! I also got The Mockingbirds from the library. I can't wait to start it, and I can't wait to get my hands on Delirium. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed Delirium and The Mockingbirds is on my wishlist. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice books! I hope you like Delirium!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy your reads! Delirium was fantastic and I would really love to read The Mockingbirds as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've read any review for The Mockingbirds yet. I'll be looking forward to yours.

    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete