Friday, January 7, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!


The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  

This week's question comes from Ivan who blogs at Ivan Bookworm:

"What book influenced or changed your life? How did it influence/change you?"

Okay, this might sound crazy, and I don't know about 'changed my life', but A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett has always been very special to me.  Sara Crewe is one the most marvelous, resilient characters ever written.  She went from having it all to being a little drudge, but throughout everything, she retained an imagination and personal code of conduct that saw her through.  I've always loved that book and appreciate how she always weighed the consequences of her decisions and how they might affect those around her.  I'd like to think that Sara has set an example and goal for how I treat others in my own life.


 
Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question: 


What book(s) have you discovered lately from someone's book blog? 

0.4 (Human.4 in the US) by Mike Lancaster.  I just discovered this book through a review by Lauren at I was a Teenage Book Geek while collecting reviews for my Thursday News Roundup.  It sounds fascinating!  Here's the synopsis from GoodReads:

 It's a brave new world.

'My name is Kyle Straker. And I don't exist anymore.'

So begins the story of Kyle Straker, recorded on to old audio tapes. You might think these tapes are a hoax. But perhaps they contain the history of a past world...If what the tapes say are true, it means that everything we think we know is a lie.

And if everything we know is a lie does that mean that we are, too?
 

21 comments:

  1. I love that book and the movie!! Happy Friday and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read A Little Princess, but I loved the movie. Sara really does have an indomitable spirit I admire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Hopping by! I love the answers to this week’s question.
    I have a huge prize pack giveaway at the blog. A contest reminder is included in my book blogger hop post. I hope you drop by!
    Here’s my post.

    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-book-blog-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read A Little Princess. For shame! :)

    Logan
    http://www.loganeturner.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just hopping by for Follow Friday :P Visit my blog and enter the giveaway when you get the chance! www.bethebooks.blogspot.com :)

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's funny...I actually liked The Little Princess movie (the 1994 one) better than the book. Not sure why.
    Happy weekend!
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will probably come of something as a surprise but the book that changed/influenced my life (more than any other) is a non-fiction book. I know we all focus on novels and the fanciful fiction we love to read but The Four Work Week is the book that gets all the credit. I know the title sounds fictional but it really isn’t. Hop over to my blog and find out why – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Day!


    Howard A. Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't have a single book to point to. Come by and see why.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the amazing support!
    Have a lovely weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Just hopping on over to return the favor. I'm your newest follower now! I love the look of your blog and it's header. Have a great weekend!

    Emi
    http://oktopusink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just "following" thru. I'm a newbie follower.
    Cheers!
    heatheraine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe how long it has been since I though about that book. You're right, Sara was a great person even under duress and I admire her for that.
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello! I am your newest follower from a Friday Blog Hop. I'd love it if you would follow back at one or all four of my blogs :)

    www.singleparentretreat.com
    www.motherdaughterconnex.com
    http://singlemamachallenges.blogspot.com/
    http://jmconsultingservices.blogspot.com/

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi There! I ended up choosing Twilight because it was one of the first books that I interacted with strangers about. (More on my blog!)

    Have a good week!

    ~Brooke
    http://brookesboxofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy HOP! The book I shared had a major impact on me last year and totally changed my life for the better. Come by and visit to see which one it was. I'm an old follower :) Enjoy your weekend

    The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man, that book Human .4 really does look awesome. Look forward to your thoughts on it... and in the meantime, I need to buy a copy! ^_^

    -Alisha, proud new follower! ^_^
    (My Need To Read)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Human .4 does look great! i'm a new follower.
    Jada
    http://jada7-moonlightreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your blog! Stop by mine and say hi if you get a chance!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete