Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (7)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I'm waiting on: 



Fall For Anything
 by Courtney Summers
St. Martin's Press
December 21, 2010

When Eddie Reeves's father commits suicide her life is consumed by the nagging question of why? Why when he was a legendary photographer and a brilliant teacher? Why when he had a daughter who loved him more than anyone else in the world? When she meets Culler Evans, a former student of her father's and a photographer himself, an instant and dangerous attraction begins. He seems to know more about her father than she does and could possibly hold the key to the mystery surrounding his death. But Eddie's vulnerability has weakened her and Culler Evans is getting too close. Her need for the truth keeps her hanging on... but some questions should be left unanswered (taken from the Contemps Challenge website).


So, what are you waiting on?

15 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this. I have a copy pre-ordered already :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on book I just recently discovered that I would like to read. It like they say, If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything. Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice Linds! I'm always a fan of books that feature photography since it was my major in college:) This one just sounds so interesting and Culler is a character I want to know more about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks interesting and I love the cover.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Storm Before Atlanta
    By Karen Schwabach
    Publication date: December 28, 2010

    At a time when most people have grown weary of the war between the states, two young children are desperate to find their way to the battlefields. Jeremy DeGroot wants nothing more than to join a troop as a drummer boy. For Dulcie, a runaway slave, freedom means she must head directly toward the fighting in the hopes that she'll become "contraband," that is, property of the Union troops. Both Jeremy and Dulcie find a place with the 107th New York Volunteer Regiment and even start to forge a friendship. But all that is threatened when they keep crossing paths with the mysterious Charlie, a young Confederate soldier, who may look like the enemy but feels more like a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This does sound captivating...love that cover.

    Here's mine:

    (click my name)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm waiting for this one, too! Love the cover. The story sounds very intense. Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Argh, sorry I haven't been around, but thanks for stopping by - I will come by your posts soon! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtney Summers has some great books. I am adding this to my TBR list.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another one I want to read badly, I don't think my list is gonna get any smaller.

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds intriguing! Have a great week and happy reading. My WOw pick is here

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one is really popular as well . Great Pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting pick Linds, hope you enjoy it if you get a chance to read it!

    My WWW/WoW post this week if you have time to check it out...

    ReplyDelete