Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top Ten Books in 2011!


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. Participators in this meme love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time.. just post what you can!


This week: The Top Ten books we are anticipating for 2011.  Oh, wow, I am loving this one!



1. Where She Went by Gayle Forman (04.05.2011)
Mia broke my heart, and I need it back!  I cannot tell how badly I want to read this one, and I probably don't have to, since I know you are aching to get your hands on it, too!  I very much am looking forward to hearing things from Adam's head.  <sigh> It's a long wait until April.








2. This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (02.22.2011)
Ummm, if you visit my blog with any sort of regularity, you know I am positively gaga over the Night Huntress series.  I really do need a new paranormal/UF series to tie me over, so if you have anything that can compare with the glory that is Bones, I am all eyes!






3. Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris (05.26.2011)
I've been following Sookie & Co. for a while now.  In fact, this, the Night Huntress series, and the Dragon Sept books by Katie MacAlister are about the only non-YA that I read at the moment.  Super excited about this one since the series looks like it's getting close to a end.  I love Eric, but I am pro-Sam for HEA.









4. Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard (03.08.2011)
I've seen nothing but stellar reviews on this one.  It seems to be a heavy book, and I love those.  I typically am not a light, quick read kind of girl, and this one seems like it will hang on you for a while. 









5. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (01.04.2011)
I usually am not into 'angel' books, but if I see a ton of good reviews out, of course I have to give it a shot!









6. Tighter by Adele Griffin (05.10.011)
This looks like a good ghost story, and I have loved those ever since I was little.  Plus, the cover looks rad.









7. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
Loved looooooved Nightshade!  Andrea has serious writing chops, and I loved what she did with the traditional werewolf myth!  Plus, she added in political philosophy and history - right up my alley!








8. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (03.22.2011)
I've read so many excellent reviews on this, and it has a very dystopian feel to it with an FDLS dash - I really, really can't wait for this one.  That cover is amazing. 









9. Abandon by Meg Cabot (04.26.2011)
Again, beautiful cover and check out the synopsis when you get the chance!  Sounds fascinating!









10. XVI by Julia Karr (01.06.2011)
Oh my ewww, just read the description - this one gives me the heebie-jeebies, so I have to read it!

14 comments:

  1. Very Nice! This Side of the Grave took the number one spot on my list. I didn't put Wolfsbane because I have yet to read Nightshade but it's definitely up there one I get caught up!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also didn't put up "Wolfsbane" because I haven't gotten to "Nightshade" yet. It's in my tbr pile and I hope to read it next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some definitely good books. There are so many coming out and I just can't pick ten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and I are definitely on the same page Linds, I can't wait for all of those! Have you read the Fever series yet? If you haven't you should definitely give those a try, Barrons will more than tie you over until you get to Bones. That series is as addicting as the Night Huntress books:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m not as up to speed on the 2011 releases as I should be, but I’m seeing some interesting trends on everyone’s lists. Apparently I need to be getting really excited about Wither. My TBR pile continues to expand…

    ReplyDelete
  6. VLAD! VLAD! VLAD! Uh outburst...sorry. I can't wait for Where She Went either. The first one was such a sweet story aww *tears*


    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think as soon as I read If I Stay (which I have right now, just waiting for -alone time- to read it because everyone keeps telling me I'm going to bawl my eyes out!) then I'll be desperately anticipating Where She Went! XVI nearly made my list too - I'm obsessed with dystopian fiction atm! There's so much of it coming out next year that sounds incredible

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if I would have been able to pick a top 10 as they are so many good books next year. I can't wait for Wolfsbane :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Bones!!!! Bones is #1! Woohoo!
    Hehe..=) Sorry Straylights!
    Love your picks for 2011 Linds, I still need to read Nightshade though. I will get to it, eventually.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now ladies, why must we choose between Vlad and Bones? Let's add Eric and love all three!! Sexy hot Vamps for everyone! Oh, and Jenny, I am picking that up over the holidays. I bet you just started a new obsession!

    Thanks everyone fot stopping by - 2011 is going to be FABULOUS!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your list. Do you think that Nightshade would be appropriate for a high school library?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for including LIKE MANDARIN! I do hope it's the kind of book that sticks with you -- you'll have to let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Anne yeah I think it would. It brings up important issues, and i thought the way it tied in history and philosophy was wonderful and well-done. I wouldn't have an issue with any teens I know reading it.

    @Kirsten I absolutely will! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FYI: I'm totally stealing this post for my Debut Author Challenge post! Well, expect for those that aren't debut authors. LOL!

    Huge SVM fan! Can't wait for DR. And you know how I feel about Where She Went!

    How are our Time Machine blueprints coming along?

    ReplyDelete