Sunday, December 19, 2010

In My Mailbox (10)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie

The last 'official' one for 2010 was last week, so there is no linky this week, but I wanted to share what I got this week anyway :)
Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads! 

My birthday present from my fiance finally came!  He ordered this for me from the UK - so excited!

You Against Me
by Jenny Downham

Synopsis

If someone hurts your sister and you're any kind of man, you seek revenge, right? If your brother's been accused of a terrible crime and you're the main witness, then you banish all doubt and defend him. Isn't that what families do? When Mikey's sister claims a boy assaulted her at a party, his world of work and girls begins to fall apart. When Ellie's brother is charged with the crime, but says he didn't do it, her world of revision, exams and fitting in at a new school begins to unravel. When Mikey and Ellie meet, two worlds collide. Brave and unflinching, this is a novel of extraordinary skillfulness and almost unbearable tension. It's a book about loyalty and the choices that come with it. But above all it's a book about love - for one's family and for another.
Here are the books I picked up this week from the library:


Stolen by Lucy Christopher
Matched by Ally Condie
The Lying Game by Sara Shepherd
The Greyfriar (Vampire Empire #1) by Clay Griffith and Susan Griffith

9 comments:

  1. Great mail box! You against me is on my wishlist. Can't wait to hear what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great ones from the library! Can't wait to see what you think of Matched, I adored it, but it seems to be hit or miss for most people. I enjoyed The Lying Game as well:) Enjoy all those Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot of great things about Matched and I think i must get this one too. I have the Lying Game on my TBR. I've had it there for awhile now. There's just so many great books to choose from! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice fiance you have there! I'm really curious about that book. I'll be keeping an eye out for your review.

    I LOVED Thirteen Reasons Why. I can't even express how much I loved it. I hope you enjoy it. Make sure you have tissues handy and aren't reading in a public place (like I was in a doctor's waiting room). Otherwise you'll have concerned strangers asking if everything is ok and you'll have to respond, "Iiitt'ss muhmy bo-oo-k *sniff*" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lying Game I snagged from NetGalley.com looking forward to reading it soon. Matched is on my TBR list I love the story line. You Against Me I'd not heard of but it really piques my interest - to the TBR pile for sure. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's my IMM for the week: http://thecallawayfam.blogspot.com/2010/12/in-my-mailbox-6-week-of-121110.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you lucky lucky girl! I see you've scored BOTH Matched AND The Lying Game, how awesome for you! I just finished The Lying Game and it was 4/5 for me! Hope you enjoy all of your books!

    And thanks for the follow back at mi blog-as you can see I've evened out your follow count with a nice 245 *laughs*

    Happy reading and have a great Sunday!

    Asher K.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! OMG!

    Please, please, let me beg your hubs to be to order me a copy of You Against Me.

    I want it so badly. Oh, please read, and love it, and tell me what you think!

    Gah! I'm dying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! Missis, we'll start a North American tour, with it - how bout that?

    ReplyDelete
  9. *hearts in front of eyes*

    I FREAKING LOVE YOU! I'll send you SV and Drought. :D

    ReplyDelete