Monday, December 6, 2010

Coziest Places to Read/Favorite Places to Read


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. Participators in this meme love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time.. just post what you can!


So here we go!  My list of my favorite places to read.  Enjoy!

My chair is a cheap date.

 1.  My IKEA Poang Chair
Who knew cheap could feel so comfortable?  The fiance and I recently had a 'discussion' about whether this charming piece really had a place in our new home together.  The HTB (hubby-to-be) learned a priceless lesson: the chair goes where my books go, and my books go where I go.







This would make an excellent office.
 2. The Bathtub
I adore bubble baths with lots of suds and hot water.  Bath time is reading time for me, and I have been known to take a four long bath if I have an afternoon or evening completely free.  In fact, amongst a few close friends, the bathtub is know as my 'office'. The time passes quickly with a stack of books, and a glass of wine makes it perfect.  I think my hands have prematurely aged from being in the water so much - the pruning effect has left permanent marks.  Battle scars, baby.





Big Red knows it's Happy Time.

 3. Stop lights and traffic
Yes. you read that correctly.  If I am stuck in traffic for a horrific amount of time, grabbing my book and getting a few pages in is preferable to beating my steering wheel in frustration.  Ditto for those stupid traffic lights that take FOR-E-VER to turn green.  Red means read in this girl's world.






Martha Stewart should design libraries.

 4. My Bed
Well, this is a no brainer and probably on everyone's list.  Pillows, blankets, hot chocolate, some good music and a book.  Perfection.









My list is a short one, but ten favorite places?  Ohh, that's a tough one. 
So, how about you?  What are your spots of choice?

20 comments:

  1. LOVE that chair! If I had that chair at my house I would never leave it. Hubs would never see me outside of sitting in that chair and reading:) And I agree, Martha Stewart should design libraries, they'd be gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you know, I just realized that i forgot to shedule this! Whoops! I am a bit early, state side, but oh well.

    Thanks Jenny, my HTB kept saying how he didn't think there was room, but he was good about it and said he thought it might fit now. I highly encourage you to get one - it cushions just so, and you can get an ottoman to go with it!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Poang chair too, so comfortable! And I love baths as well ... but right now our apartment only has a shower. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Total fail, IngridLola! That should be grounds for breaking the lease!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that chair! And I don't know how you could come up with 10 different places for this question.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. That chair looks comfy. I not much of a bath reader. My favourite place would be bed or outside. A bed outside to read on now that would be heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chairs are AMAZING. Whenever I go to IKEA, I seat them out for a "test." Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice list! I’ve never considered knocking out a few pages while traffic’s stopped. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lots of people seem to be choosing bed, but it didn't make my list-I think it's because while my bed is very comfortable for sleeping, the bookcase headboard my partner insisted on (she's lucky I love her!) is not one you can lean against comfortably. Next time, I get to pick the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been known to steal a few glances at a red-light, but only if I'm behind a long line of traffic. Being stuck behind freight trucks is a sure indicator of having to sit through two red lights at least.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a chair like that before. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Aylee - I didn't even try! Kudos to those who did!

    @Nic, oh.my.gawd. you've just inspired me - an outside bed/bath patio! With appropriate coverings too, of course ;)

    @Anna - invest in one - you won't regret it!

    @TwoBibliomaniacs - it's grand way to pass the time! Just make sure your car is fully stopped, teehee.

    @Heather - but your books are so accessible then! If you have to lose on that one, it's not a bad way to go!

    @smellincoffee - love that you know what I am talking about! No more (minor) road rage!

    @1girl2manybooks - like I said to Anna - invest! No regrets here!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do not have 10 places but laying in bed with my MMPB before going to sleep is the one I get most reading done at night, next favorite is my recliner and if have to be stuck in doctor/dentist/vehicle dealer or anywhere have downtime to read even if for 10minutes I pull out a book... Especially, and this one is my least favorite, while as a passenger on a car trip... Reading makes the trip go by faster but gives me eyestrain....


    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh...that chair looks incredibly comfy. I have a big bean bag that's very fun to read it - when my dog isn't lying in it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! That bubble bath looks divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your list! I couldn't make it to 10 either. That first chair looks so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The HTB (hubby-to-be) learned a priceless lesson: the chair goes where my books go, and my books go where I go.

    AMEN! hehehehe

    Also, I totally agree that Martha should design libraries! She needs to get on that--pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm ALWAYS reading at long lights. I'm so happy I'm not the only one! I'm definitely a fan of reading in a hot bath!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one engaging in strange behavior in traffic and at stop lights!

    Thank you, all, for stopping by!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't believe I forgot to put a bubble bath on my list!
    Your ikea chair looks really comfy. Fight the good fight!

    ReplyDelete