Thursday, December 2, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday! Do-Si-Do!

 
The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  This week's question comes from Marce who blogs at Tea Time With Marce:
 
 "What very popular and hyped book in the blogosphere did you NOT enjoy and how did you feel about posting your review?"
hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick.  It wasn't horrible or anything, but I thought I was going to read something that was going to knock my socks off.  That's about all I can really say about - a nice read, but it didn't make my permanent bookshelf.
Also, I have a personal request: I would never normally due this, but please take a second if you have the time to look at my review for Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar (newest post on my blog).  This is a book I am absolutely passionate about.  It has something important to say, and I truly believe it needs to be published in the U.S. and worldwide.  If you like my review, please retweet and share elsewhere - tweet @PenguinTeen and let them know you'd like to this book here in the States!  I am trying to create buzz for this amazing work, but I can't do it without help from my fellow bloggers.  The review's bit URL:

Thanks so much!




Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question: 
 

What do you do besides reading / reviewing as a hobby?

Well, right now I am knee-deep in wedding planning - getting hitched in January!  I am not a planner by nature, so it's been a little stressful, but I promise!  No bridezilla here!  Nice and simple is my motto!  Besides that, I enjoy lots and lots of music and planning small trips with the hubby-to-be.  I also have a huge love of film, particularly documentaries.  Oh, and I read the news constantly.  I'm not joking when I say I'm an info-junkie.  My one co-worker calls me 'Live at Five' because I am always talking about the latest news story I've read.

How 'bout you?  Would love to learn more - please leave a comment, take a look around my blog and have a great weekend!  Thanks for hopping by!
 

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your almost wedding! I used to be a news-junkie too, but now I'm so jaded that I've almost stopped following the news completely. I was just reading up on the WikiLeaks thing, because I realized that I hardly knew anything about it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following through Follow friday! Return the favor?

    http://moonlightgleam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy FF! I'm an old follower just stopping by to say HEY! :) Ooh, wedding planning during the holidays. You are brave! Hope it all goes well. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on our wedding! I had a blast doing my wedding and I was not a bridezilla either. Happy Follow Friday! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Alison - thanks so much! Yes, the news can be depressing, but every once in a while you come across something that warms your heart - check out my Thursday Lit News Roundup for more of my infojunking obession!

    @MG - thanks for stopping by!

    @Carmel - oh, I know who you are - love your blog! Thanks for stopping by!

    @Savannah Yes, say NO to bridezillas! Hope you have a great weekend, too!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping by! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I haven't read Hush, Hush, yet. I'll check out your review. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I ain't too organized myself ;)

    As for Hush, hush, I didn't like it as much as the hype either.
    Well, her to return the favor. New Follower. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! To answer your question, yes, I have read a book that I did not hear good things about and been pleasantly surprised. That's the best feeling! :]

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There!
    I'm an old follower cruising through. I'd be happy to re-tweet about the book! Drop by and say hi if your get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I'm a new follower. Congrats on the engagement. I also did not think Hush Hush was as great as everyone said it was. It was good-but like you said no "know your socks off" amazing.
    Have a great weekend.
    By the way, love the vintage look of your header.
    Caroline @ Bon Bons and Reveries

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the engagement!
    I just saw a show were a guy proposed to his girlfriend on the subway. She said no.
    While Hush, Hush didn't knock my socks off, Patch sure did!
    Anyway, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for stopping by my blog, I'm now your newest follower!

    Congratulations on your engagement and good luck on the wedding planning, that must be very stressful, but you seem to be doing great :D

    Nina B. @Brush Up On Your Reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Julie - thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy the review!

    @Meghan - haha, I hear ya!

    @Alissa - thanks so much - that was nice of you to come by to answer that!

    @Barb - oh that would be wonderful! I will be over soon!! Thanks for the support!

    @Caroline - hey, nice to meet you - always good to find a buddy of similar opinions. Thanks, I like vintage, too!

    @Nina - thanks so much for the well wishes - I'm glad it appears that way, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm reading Hush, Hush next! I hope I'm not too disappointed.
    And congrats on the wedding!

    ReplyDelete