Sunday, December 19, 2010

Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011


I'm doing it!  I am officially signing up for the 2011 Aussie YA Reading Challenge.  Why?  Well, ever since I read Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar and have heard wonderful things about various AU books from some awesome Aussie bloggers, I have to throw my hat in.  I'm getting an e-reader soon, so the six book goal set for non-Aussie readers is more than doable.  I'm so excited to get started after the New Year, and I encourage you to join me!  BTW, if you have a Nook, I am more than happy to swap books with you to make this easier :)  If you are interested in learning more, please visit Nic's blog, Irresistible Reads for more information.

In no particular order, here's what I am thinking of reading to meet my 2011 goal:


Saltwater Vampire by Kirsty Eagar


On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta


The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta


Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley


Beatle Meets Destiny by Gabrielle Williams


Stolen: A Letter to My Captor by Lucy Christopher

The Book of Lies by Mary Horlock

5 comments:

  1. oh, brilliant challenge! you'll have a blast reading these, i'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for signing up! Love your list - it has some of my favourites on it and a couple that I will be reading for the challenge. Happy Nook reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank Gawd I have you to lead me to some great books from down under.

    Can't believe I have started SV yet. *hangs head* Now maybe I should save it for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys - so excited for this one! Missie, you need to get on that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You shall love "Beatle Meets Destiny". You shall devour it like there's no tomorrow

    ReplyDelete