Monday, December 20, 2010

The 2011 Debut Author Challenge


Whew!  This will be the last challenge that I sign up for in 2011.  No, wait, that's a lie - I am also thinking of the British Book Challenge. . . but back to the subject at hand.  2011 will be my first full calendar year in the blogging community and the first year I participate in The Story Siren's Debut Author Challenge.  I'm so excited to get started and discover some great new authors!  Here are the titles I have earmarked to read:


Unearthly by Cynthia Hand


XVI by Julia Karr


Across the Universe by Beth Revis


Wither by Lauren DeStefano


Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys


Exposed by Kimberly Marcus




Subway Girl by P.J. Converse


Like Mandarin by Kristen Hubbard


The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens


Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard


Bestest. Ramadan  Ever. by Medeia Sharif


Possession by Elana Johnson

5 comments:

  1. Yay Linds I'm doing this one too! And, of course, we are looking forward to the same books:) I got Unearthly through NetGalley and LOVED it, I thought it was fabulous and much better than some of the other fallen angel books out there. I can't wait for Across the Universe and Wither:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, who is that beautiful boy on the cover of Paper Covers Rock, and how can I get my hands on him... er I mean the book!

    Great picks. Mine will be much the same. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked a lot of the same books too! I'm looking forward to comparing our reviews. I like that you included Paper Covers Rock. I haven't seen that one around as much as some of the others. I actually thought it didn't qualify because there's another author (Jennifer Hubbard) who I thought was this author (Jenny Hubbard). But they're two different people so now I can read this one for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenny, well, of course we are! Have similar tastes, we do! We will have to compare notes. I CANNOT wait for Wither!!

    @Missie, I shall have him blown up poster size just for your enjoyment!

    @SR - The same last name made me stop, too! The book sounded too good not to put on my list - 2011 is going to be great!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for joining the challenge!!! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete