Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (4)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I'm waiting on: 


by Ally Condie
Coming 11.30.2010  

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.


Okay, so who isn't excited for this one?  It's so close, though!  I just had to feature it!  

So, what are you waiting on?

17 comments:

  1. I'm totally excited for this one! I heard it's kind of like The Giver (never read it UGH!) but with a love story awwwwwww I want that girls dress btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Definitely looking forward to this one. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck, yes!
    If you want to see my WOW, follow the link; what are you waiting for?
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/
    And don’t forget to enter my Book a Week Giveaway!
    http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-hand-saturday-1.html
    Blessings,
    Gabrielle Carolina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone's waiting for Matched. Including, of course, me! This is like my most anticipated read for 2010 after Hunger Games. Dystopian love! Awesome WoW pick~

    You can check out my WoW picks here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a very good dystopian novel. I got a chance to red it early and am now waiting for the sequel (long wait). Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah best wait! MATCHED was my last week's wait,but I'm still more than eager to get my hands on this! The romance, the dystopia, can't wait:)
    Here is what I am waiting for: WOW

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway...here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this book! In fact, I reviewed it on my blog here:
    http://wildlyread.blogspot.com/2010/05/book-review-matched.html
    Love your blog title; so happy I found it through the WoW meme. Looking forward to reading more of your posts as a new follower. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUP! Matched is a great book and a great read! Nice pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for this one - heard brilliant things from those lucky enough to get review copies.

    Found your blog through this meme and glad I did - it's great! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was one of my favorite reads of the year, I just adored it. I can't really even explain why I liked it so much, it just really got to me. I can't wait to see what you think! And that cover is so simple and beautiful, I could stare at it all day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean--EVERYONE is raving about this one! I'm definitely looking forward to this too. Sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a slam dunk for anything dystopian! Thanks for stopping by!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this book! I'm giving my ARC away.....hope you enter. I'm sure you have. Great, great pick!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen, I think now would be a really appropriate time to let you know that my birthday just happenes to fall on Thanksgiving this year - the day after you shut down entries. Just saying, teehee ;) Will certainly list your contest in Thursday Lit News Roundup! Thanks for sharing!!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes, aren't we all waiting on Matched? Looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete