Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (2)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.  I highly encourage you to get to know your fellow bloggers and see what's new and upcoming in the book world!

Here's what I am waiting on:


by
Kirsty Eagar

The ocean is a vivid emerald colour and the wind ruffles the wave faces so that they shatter the sunlight like glass. Seeing that glittering skin always tightens my throat with joy … I forget about the underbelly of things, my secrets, and I feel easy and free.

Carly has dropped out of uni to spend her days surfing and her nights working as a cook in a Manly cafĂ©. Surfing is the one thing she loves doing … and the only thing that helps her stop thinking about what happened two years ago at schoolies week.

And then Carly meets Ryan, a local at the break, fresh out of jail. When Ryan learns the truth, Carly has to decide. Will she let the past bury her? Or can she let go of her anger and shame, and find the courage to be free?
Winner of the Victorian Premier’s Literary Award for Young Adult fiction 2010


***Here's the catch - it's not released in the U.S.  This is an Aussie book that is getting AMAZING reviews in its home country.  I am getting my hands on this book soon, and I cannot wait.***

So, what are you waiting on?

16 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting. Never heard of it. Let us know what you think of it. Hope it's coming to the US. The girl on the cover looks like Kristin Stewart!...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog before! OMG I am in love with Kirsty Eagar, you have to read her other novel Saltwater Vampires. Kirsty was lovely enough to send me a copy of Raw Blue which is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, the reviews have been amazing haven't they? PS. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this one sounds really interesting. too bd its only an aussie release right now but maybe i can get it fromt he book depository, a few books by australian authors are my all-time favourites! nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard wonderful things about this one and cannot wait to read it myself. Excellent choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Raw Blue! Great pick. I am reading Saltwater Vampires soon and I spoke to Kirsty Eagar about what she is working on next and stuff. She mentioned that she doesn't know when Raw Blue will published overseas but she is crossing her fingers that it will be soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I ADORED Raw Blue. Just reviewed it on my blog about a week ago. I'm so psyched for this to go overseas. I'm a new follower, by the way, can't wait for you to get this and read it -- I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts :)

    Great WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good! Too bad I don't live in Australia.

    My pick is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Romy - hey thanks! I am a new follower on yours, too - Bumped sounds pretty intriguing! I got a copy from Kirsty, too :)

    @Audrey and Elizabeth - I'll be reposting with a review, but here is ordering information directly from Kirsty: "There are some Aussie bookstores that will ship them internationally for a shipping cost of around US$10: Abbey's Bookshop, or the other alternative is to get them via an e-book version Angus and Robertson."

    @Everyone else - thanks so much for stopping by! I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS BOOK! No lie, I practically cyber stalked Kirsty and other Aussie bloggers in my attempt to get my hands on it! If I love Raw Blue as much as I think I will, I am totally splurging and picking up Saltwater Vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, this one really does look good. I might have to order it from the Book Depository, since it's not out in the US. I love the name "Manly Cafe" haha. Anyway, I like your blog! Brouhaha :P I'm a new follower.

    Here's what I'm waiting for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of it, but it does sound amazing...love the cover!

    Here's mine:

    Click my name....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Goodness this sounds really great...I need to get my hands on this soon too. I am finding myself really enchanted by Aussie YA fiction lately!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh.. This one sounds really good! I will have to order it! Great pick!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! I'll be stopping by soon!

    @Anna - I know what you mean. It's been happening more lately, but I see a book I want to go out and get immediatly, and it always seems like it's not available state-side. There's been more than a few times that it's been an Aussie title.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Interesting pick this week! I've never heard of this one before (which probably has to do with the fact that it's not avaliable in North America, which sucks)! Thanks for stopping by my WoW, I'm a new follower of yours now too!

    Claire :)
    YA Bookie Monster

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds interesting. I will put it on my radar!!

    ReplyDelete