Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Be Best Friends With


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists at The Broke and the Bookish. Participators in this meme love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list complete with one of our bloggers answers. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND sign Mister Linky at the bottom to share with us and all those who are participating. If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Don't worry if you can't come up with ten every time.. just post what you can!


So, on to the main event then, shall we?  Here's my Top Ten Characters I'd Like to Be Best Friends With.  Well, friends with, anyway - I have a best friend whom I wouldn't trade for the world, but these are the kind I would love to be buddies with on the RealSide or in their worlds.

1. Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley, Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling
Both are intelligent and loyal with no stuck-up about them.  What more could I really ask for in two chick friends?

2. Sirius Black, Harry Potter Series, J.K. Rowling
Yeah, I know same series, but I adore Sirius.  I love having male friends - they're (mostly) uncomplicated and don't whine because I don't like to go dancing that much.  I enjoy knocking back a few drinks over the course of the evening, eating wings and throwing darts.  It's a fav thing for this girl.  I also have a minor obsession with motorcycles, so Sirius could completely give me a ride. 

4. Francie Nolan, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith
The girl tried to read her away through the library.  I bet we'd have some really excellent conversations.

5. Amelia Broadway, Southern Vampire Mysteries, Charlaine Harris
Hahaha, oh boy!  Could you imagine the hijinks and shenanigans you could get up to with her?  A night out with her has 'inside joke' written all over it!  Loyal and brave, too - can't beat that combo.

6. Little Bee, Little Bee, Chris Cleave
I'd want to be her friend so I could hide her and figure out how to save her.  What happened to her, it killed me,

7. Carly, Raw Blue, Kirsty Eagar
I'd want to be her friend just because she needed a good one, one who would also smack the friggin s#@% out of her other 'friends' for leaving her behind.  LADIES, you don't leave your buds behind!  Ever.

8. Dicey Tillerman, The Tillerman Family Series, Cynthia Voight
She might be prickly as hell, but once you had her trust, you had it for life.  Dicey was no-nonsense and had friends because they were true friends, not because she needed someone to go out with on the weekends.  Absolutely no vanity with this girl - what you see is what you get.  Love that.

9. Cat, Night Huntress Series, Jeaniene Frost
Again, she doesn't have many friends, but the ones she does have she is fiercely loyal to, and they to her.  I bet she has really good stores to tell over drinks, too, she with her gin and tonic, and I with my Jack and gingerale.  Superb.

10. Katniss, The Hunger Games Trilogy, Suzanne Collins
I've never been good with thumb-rubbing authority. I hate injustice.  I'd be down as a beta to a revolution leader.  She and I would make a killer team, eh?

6 comments:

  1. Great picks. I love to be friends with Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous choices! I would love to be friends with Cat for no other reason than I would get to stare at Bones, but luckily, she's a fantastic character as well so Bones would just be a bonus;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh-heh, Bones would be a major bonus. Bones Bonus++. And if Vlad were to stop by, who would I be to complain? Okay, must go and disperse my lusty thought now, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost added Dicey to my list as well. I remember loving her but I haven't read the series for so long I went with some others. But now I want to reread the series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice picks. I would pick Carly too because after what has happened she needs friends who will look out for her. Also Katniss, you would want her by your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I considered Katness and Francie Nolan but stopped as my list was getting too long. Nice, varied list.

    ReplyDelete