Monday, November 29, 2010

The Life is Good Award - My First Ever!


The lovely Amy at A Simple Love of Reading passed this award on to me - it's my first, and I thank her so much for giving it to me!

Here is what they've asked after receiving this Award:
1. Thank and Link back to the person that gave this award.
2. Answer the survey questions mentioned below.
3. Pass it on to another 15 Blogs that are fairly new and interesting to you.
4. Contact the bloggers so they know they've been chosen.

This is a great refreshing idea that will be useful and fun for blogs mentioned and blogs just beginning. The questions are a neat way to find out more about fellow blogs and discover their likes and dislikes. So without further adieu, let's continue the ongoing extravaganza!


1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way? If you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

Hmmm, I guess you could say I blog semi-anonymously.  I use a shortened version of my first name, but 'bibliophile brouhaha' is what I use on everything.  People only get my last name when they are sending me something in the mail.  I am very happy that I did it this way.  I love my blog, and it's a personal part of me, but it's separate from my family and friends.  I prefer to keep it that way.


2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:

Oh, ummmm. hmmmm.  My fiance and I have recently been going through his townhouse and deciding how we will organize it after we marry and I move in.  I absolutely put my foot down about bringing my IKEA Paong chair that I use to read.  He claimed that there was no room for it.  I got a wee tad upset.  He figured out a way to rework the room and now says there is probably room.  That darling man.  I am a 'pick and choose your battles' kind of girl, but when I dig in me heels about something, I am quite recalcitrant! 

 
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

A very fortunate person.  I think I grew up with the normal amount of insecurities that a lot of young women have.  I'm not a perfect person, but I am a very good 'me'.  It took a while, but I am very happy with who I am.  Now I just need more hours in the day to read and sleep.

4. What is your favorite summer cold drink?

Iced tea, preferably with bourbon.  Cheers!

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Read!  If I get stuck on what to read, I pop in a movie and try to get organized.  Occasionally, I will give myself a mani or pedi (very un-Linds-like behavior).

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

You know, I am sure this is something that we book bloggers all dream of, but I would love to be a published author.  I also currently am doing research on a personal, non-profit project.  If I ever get it up and running, I would be very proud.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching?

One-part clown, one-part overachiever (in certain areas), another part bad attitude with a hatred of team sports and group projects.

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?

This is kind of sad, but I remember the moment at a very young age when I realized that there was a strong likelihood that my parents would one day divorce.  I was right. 

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I can do both, but I only share a bit about myslef when I am doing something like this or writing a review.  I don't feel that I've really connected with a book unless I somehow relate a character's emotions and/or experiences with my own.  Reading is a very personal thing for me, and so it is very easy for me to incorporate myself into my reviews. 

I am new to blogging, so every blog is new to me.  My list below is of bloggers who are not only new to me, but also new bloggers themselves (within the last six months).  I've also added in some veteran bloggers whose amazing advice has really helped me develop my own blog!  In no particular order, I’m passing this award on to:


 Tahleen's Mixed-Up Files 
Lost in the Library
Books with Bite
My Head is Full of Books
Parajunkee's View
The Story Siren
The Unread Reader
I Read Banned Books

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award! It's doubly sweet because I adore your blog too. Loved learning more about you--hope the wedding planning is going well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award, and congrats to you for getting it! I love your blog and actually only realized recently you were new too. It was great learning more about you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on receiving your first award, and the places you passed it to for us to check out are some new and some already discovered which is great....
    Glad being a wee bit stubborn means you get to keep your favorite chair and also happy you of the opinion you are fortunate when you look in the mirror as a lot of people who come from broken home life do not! Good for you that positive outlook is winning!

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! @Anna, wedding planning is going very well - less than two months - yikes!

    @Jackie, thanks for the kind words. Life's about choices, right? The situations that come from it are not always easy, but you gotta keep on truckin and do what you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linds, your comment about your parents broke my heart. *hugs* When I was young, I never imagined that happening to my parents, and when it did, it broke me. :(

    Gah! Out of all the cool things you shared about, I had to comment on that. Sorry.

    Thanks for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, Missie! No broken hearts or apologies allowed, my dear! I have many wonderful memories of growing up, both when my parents were together and when they were apart. But if we about the true meaning of 'poignant', then yeah, that's the one for me. It certainly affected me, and my heart goes out to you, as well - being blindsided with that must've have been awful.

    It's such a common thing nowadays that I think people forget that its familiarity does not lessen its affects, both short and long term. You can be happy and make the personal choices that lead to a good life, but it's still something you don't get over - you just learn to live with it.

    **hugs** right back at you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and thank you for awarding me this honor of your award. Life is indeed good.
    I feel like I know you a bit from your answers here.
    Here are my answers that I gave to an earlier award so you can see my answers. Thanks for thinking of me. I am not worthy!
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2010/09/life-is-good-award.html

    ReplyDelete