Sunday, November 21, 2010

In My Mailbox (6)


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme started by The Story Siren with inspiration from Pop Culture Junkie

From Madam Siren: "The idea behind IMM was not only to put new books on your radar but to also encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of my mailbox & books bought. And sometimes other fun goodies.  Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library."

Please join us in getting to know one another and sharing great reads! 

Here are the books I picked up this week:

Raw Blue
by Kirsty Eager
Penguin Books Australia

Synopsis

Carly has dropped out of uni to spend her days surfing and her nights working as a cook in a Manly café. Surfing is the one thing she loves doing ... and the only thing that helps her stop thinking about what happened two years ago. Then she meets Ryan and Carly has to decide ... Will she let the past bury her? Or can she let go of her anger and shame, and find the courage to be happy?

I waited for two weeks for this book to get to my house from Australia.  I haven't seen a bad review on it yet.  Welcome to the States, my anticipated friend!  Any guess as to what I will be doing over Thanksgiving break? 


by Helen Hollick
Sourcebook Landbooks

Synopsis

Married to a king incompetent both on the throne and in bed, Emma does not love her husband. But she does love England. Even as her husband fails, Emma vows to protect her people-no matter what. For five decades, through love and loss, prosperity and exile, Emma fights for England, becoming the only woman to have been anointed, crowned, and reigning queen to two different kings, the mother of two more, and the great aunt of William the Conqueror.
Got this one from the library.  This is my first historical fiction - hope I like it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey both novels sound really good! Raw Blue sounds like a very serious read, but still very interesting. Should check it out soon:)
    Here is my Mailbox

    And don't forget to check out my giveaway, ending on Nov 30th and open internationally, here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like historical fiction. The one you picked sounds good. I like the cover, too.

    Here's my Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you like historical fiction, you should check out Philippa Gregory and Alison Weir. The write mainly about the kings and queens of England

    ReplyDelete