Friday, November 26, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday! Let's Polka!

 
The hop is hosted by Crazy-for-Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  This week's question: 

This week's question comes from Sarah who blogs at Writer, Reader, Dreamer:
 
 "What is your favorite book cover?"
 
Uh, well, hmmmmm.  You know the old say, "You can't judge a book by its cover."  I guess I take that literally.  I always notice when a cover is particularly bad, but I've never ranked my favorite covers, and I don't think a cover ever has convinced me to buy or reject a book.  If I am anticipating a book, then I get really excited about the cover unveiling - I do that with the Sookie Stackhouse and Night Huntress series, the Gayle Forman books, etc.  I really love when a reprint of an old book goes retro. 




Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question: 
 
Not sure if there is a question this week, but I will tell you that I finished my Thanksgiving with a late showing of HP 7 - how perfect is that?  Now, I am off to read the day away.  Black Friday can do its dance without me! 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Friday! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many favourite covers to list!

    Happy blog hopping/folowing!

    Here is my Book Blogger Hop post! I am a seriously eclectic reader! And I follow blogs in my google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am stopping by from FF. I am a new follower =D

    Please come check out my blog =D

    Mariya
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    Happy Friday! I'm stopping by for Follow Friday and the Blog Hop to say hello. I hope you have a great weekend.

    I'm a old follower.
    Romance Book Junkies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by :)

    You're so good not judging books by their covers! I'm the complete opposite. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't judge a book by it's cover.....I do the opposite - I'll pick up something that looks attractive and be upset when the story isn't good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following you from Friday's Hop. Good point about liking a retro cover on a reprint of an old book --- so true! Especially a book you read while growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have an award for you here:

    http://mystifyingparanormalreviews.blogspot.com/2010/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello...stopping back from the Blog Hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer to this week's question:

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you got a lot of reading in! I am currently reading A Gift Beyond All Measure by Anna Kathryn Lanier. Her book has a wonderful Christmas cover, but my choice was Fireside by Susan Wiggs.

    I am a new follower of yours. I'll be back often. If you are interested you can find me here:
    http://www.bookinitalong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This week's Book Blogger Hop question WAS a tough one! It took me two solid minutes to come up with an answer!

    Which book cover did I pick? I invite you to hop over to my blog and see for yourself.

    Happy Thanksgiving Day Weekend!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete