Friday, November 5, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday! Come Tango. . .

The hop is hosted by Jennifer @ Crazy for Books. Check out Jennifer's blog to sign up and start hopping!  This week's question: 

What are your feelings on losing followers? Have you ever stopped following a blog?

Well, as I am a newbie, this hasn't happened to me just yet, but I am sure it will at some point.  There are a ton of book bloggers out there, and sometimes your blog list just gets too long.  Tastes evolve and change, and what is my taste at a given time may not be a follower's taste.  I'm sure I will be all, "Awwwwww, boo," when it happens, but I think I would understand.  
How could you leave me?!?
 That being said, I always aim to put items out there that will please followers as well as myself.  If you have a comment or suggestion on how I can make my blog better, I always welcome your input at bibliophile.brouhaha@gmail.com!





Also, today is Follow Friday with Rachel's blog, Parajunkee's ViewThis week's question: 
 
Who are your favorite authors?

Oh wow, seriously?  My mom just asked this for a game she wants to play at my upcoming bridal shower (I'm getting hitched soon), and I was like, "Uhhhhh, have we met?  You want me to pick one?"



Children

Jon Scieszka
Frances Hodgson Burnett
Kate Dimillio  



YA


Cynthia Voight
Laurie Halse Anderson
J.K. Rowling
Lois Lowry
Markus Zusak
Betty Smith (deceased)





Adult (fiction & memoir)
Joyce Carol Oates
Charlaine Harris 
Jeaniene Frost
Adeline Yen Mah
Flannery O'Connor



"Classic" Authors

Charlotte Bronte
Emily Bronte
Jane Austen
C.S. Lewis

So, how 'bout you?


11 comments:

  1. Hi, New follower from the hop & FF. Love the pic you posted for the follower question. LOL I lost a couple this week. It sucked but it's cool too. Everyone has a change of taste as you said.

    Check out my blog "Book Noise" if you get a chance.
    Have a great weekend.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo illustration = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks, I love how you separated them by categories (so smart)! That picture of the crying kid made me laugh, but so true ;) New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always a little bummed when I lose followers but make every effort to
    turn every lost follower into a learning experience so I can improve my
    performance.

    On the flip side, I only stop following people when they give me a reason to
    such as being totally off message or being too controversial in an negative,
    over-the-top way.

    Happy Book Blogger Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping by from Follow Friday. I am following you and would love it if you follow me back! Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi...visiting via the hop...I like how you divided up your favourite authors by age category. I really like Kate Di Camillo-especially The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, have you read it?
    New follower-have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just an old follower stopping by. I like your picks. I still need to read Markus Zusak.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blog Hop Friday!

    Love your site! I'm a new follower!

    I have too many fav authors to name...which is a good thing, I guess. :-D

    Have a great weekend!

    Lisajo85 @ Once Upon A Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! I love your reviewing style--and well, general writing style! Seriously, it's why I'm a new follower of yours now. xD Also, I completely agree! It's impossible to pick just one book--or well, exceedingly difficult to pick only one of anything, even when you really, really have to.

    Have an amazing weekend! <3

    - Kristin from Beneath Shining Stars, I Read

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha "How could you leave me" pic is hilarious:D
    So many great fav authors you've got. Jane Austen, love her! I am currently reading The Book Thief by Zusak...the start was a bit difficult but I am enojoying it as my train book now:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Everyone and welocme! Sorry I haven't been around to you yet - random internet issues and children's b-day parties this weekend!

    Yes, the little girl, hahaha - I thought it was a good example of how we feel when we get rejected!! Had to share!

    The Book Theif. . . yes, that's a book that broke my heart - it's ahort list, and tht one is on it.

    @Kirstis, thanks so much! It's nice to hear that!

    Be around soon!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete