Friday, October 29, 2010

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday!! Come Cha-cha-cha with us!

It's that time of the week again!  Jennifer over at Crazy-for-Books hosts this weekly meme.  For more information, check out her blog!  It's a fantastic way to meet other bloggers and find some great blogs!

Book Blogger Hop

This week's question:

"What is the one bookish thing you would love to have, no matter the cost?"

Oh, wow, do I ever want my very own library, complete with beautifully stained shelves, a gorgeously carved desk, and all the first editions it could hold.

This would do, I suppose. . .

The other question is from Parajunkee's Follow Friday meme:



"If you have, or would have a daughter, what book would you want your daughter to read?


My all-time favorite, coming-of-age book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.  It's timeless, and the emotions that Francie went through are as relevant today as they were in the early twentieth century.  I still read this book once a year myself, just to stay in touch with that part of me that connected with Francie for the first time when I was 14.  It made me feel not so alone at a very awkward age, and I would hope that my daughter would get that same sense of belonging and joy.

15 comments:

  1. Oh I love that library, that is my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I'm a new follower. :]

    I'd have to agree about the very own library thing. Who wouldn't want that?! Plus a carved desk and first editions? It'd be a dream come true.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't mind that library, either!

    A Tree Grows in Brooklyn is a good book. I haven't read it in a while, but I remember really liking it when I did read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love that book! I feel like is resonates with every age I get to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!Found you through FF.I'm your newest follower!
    Have a nice weekend :)

    Anna @Books to Brighten your Mood

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm already a follower but wanted to stop by and visit your blog to thank you for hopping by mine :-) I would love to own my own library too! Every time I think about building my dream house, thats the first room I mentally furnish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Following that darn mechnical bunny around. His gears and cogs are wound tight.

    I would want a library at my finger tips, wait I have a Nook. I would want a million books to be loaded on it now :)

    I do not have a post for this week's hop but I do have a most wonderful new review posted. Stop by and see what I had to say about Stardust.

    Mad Scientist
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping by from Follow Friday. I am following you and would love it if you follow me back at OpenBookEmptyCup.blogspot.com.

    Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Lots of love! Thanks for stopping by, everyone! I will swing around your place soon!

    @MadScientist - haha, love your humor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I started reading A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN when I was younger (probably jr. high age) but for some reason it freaked me out partway through and I never finished. I suppose I should give it a try again.


    my blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Jordyn, give it another shot if you ever get the chance! It's a beautiful book.

    Happy Hop to you!

    -Linds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I'm now your newest follower.

    That library picture is pretty close to my own dream library. *sigh* Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm drooling over that library...if I ever hit the lottery, that's what I'm spending my money on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just hoppin' on by to say "Hi!" Wow, I want all that shelf space AND all those books!
    Have a fangtastic Halloween!

    http://readingbetweenthewinesbookclub.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked you bit on Kate McCalister and didn't know about the YA series. Circus of the Darned - lol! And
    Stop by please and I'm a new Fol. Atop bt~ Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    email: steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com
    twitter: @fangswandsfairy
    CONTEST: http://tinyurl.com/23b5ug2
    lower

    ReplyDelete